It still has a lot of bugs, and I may have to redesign/add some things.
- steering wheel controls for next track & beginning of song/previous track!
- 1 device for bluetooth audio/control; NO WIRES!
- sound quality is very good (IMHO)
- module connects to the last-known-connected device automatically, if it's within range (i.e., if my iPhone 5 was the last device that the module was connected to before I left the car, when I return to the car, it automatically connects when I'm back within range)
- when switching to aux mode, the currently connected device starts playing automatically
- when switching to radio mode, the currently playing, connected device stops playing (hits the pause button for you so you don't "lose your place" in the track)
- The volume turns on at medium; i'm trying to get the device to turn the volume up full at power on but no luck yet
- still not 100% sure on the pairing sequence for to this module:
- pairing a new-to-the-module device
- pairing a new-to-the-module device when the module is currently connected to a different device
- connecting a known device to the module
- connecting a known device to the module when the module is currently connected to a diff device
No artist/track info available yet (that i'm aware of) for displaying on the SID; will look into this after I get all the other bugs worked out.
The bottom of my pcb is my attempt to get the volume to turn up at power on, but it's not working, I think because of software...could be the 4066 chip I piggy-backed on top of the other :)
Right now, I have the SRC button on the steering wheel set to put the module into discoverable mode (this only works if you're in Aux/CD changer mode, so you can still use SRC to change between FM1, FM2, and AM1). This has worked pretty good so far between switching connected devices; i.e., when my wife wants to play her music through the car, I hit the SRC button while playing my music, it disconnects from my phone, stops the music [the head unit kicks out of aux mode, back to the radio], the module goes into discoverable mode, she connects to it, and I hit CD twice to get back to aux mode, and it automatically starts playing the last thing she was listening to.
enough talk, pictures!